Falling Water Elementary is located on Roberts Mill Road at the foot of Signal Mountain. It is one of the oldest school buildings in Hamilton County. It was built in 1912 and was originally called Roberts Mill School. Sometime during the 1920′s a group of community leaders got together and had the name changed to Falling Water. It contained two rooms, a hall and a front porch. There was a cloak room between the classrooms. Later a wooden building was constructed behind the school which housed the cafeteria. Two outhouses were located out back some distance apart.
As the enrollment increased, renovation began on the existing building. The outside was bricked and additional rooms were added. The cafeteria was then housed in the basement where one of the present fifth grades is located. Since that time, four portable buildings have been moved in and additional rooms have been added. Between 1958-1960 the present cafeteria and first and second grade classes were added. In April, 1978, the present 4th and 5th grade wing was built and opened in the fall.
Common Mission Statement
Falling Water Elementary School is a small community school that offers an enriching, nurturing, and safe environment producing learners that are proficient or advanced in all core academic subjects.
Falling Water Elementary is a child-centered, learning focused school that provides a quality education, which meets the needs of all students, as they become literate, life-long learners.
We at Falling Water School Believe that:
Teachers, students, parents, and all other stakeholders share responsibility for learning.
Quality instruction is delivered through research-based strategies.
Student progress is carefully monitored through on-going assessment.
Through joint decision-making we, as a community of learners, agree to meet the policies, rules, regulations, and requirements set forth by district, state, and federal governing bodies.